OpenRTS is a new open source project, with the aim of creating a
realtime strategy game. The game is developed in Python with Pygame. See
http://www.openrts.org for more info about the game if you are interested.

Search Discussions

  • Sybren Stuvel at Feb 1, 2006 at 10:10 am

    Andreas R. enlightened us with:
    OpenRTS is a new open source project, with the aim of creating a
    realtime strategy game. The game is developed in Python with Pygame.
    See http://www.openrts.org for more info about the game if you are
    interested.
    To be honest, it looks very much like games from 1995...

    Sybren
    Frank Zappa
  • Christoph Conrad at Feb 1, 2006 at 10:20 am
    Hello Sybren,
    To be honest, it looks very much like games from 1995...
    You should notice: It's a first alpha version.

    Freundliche Gr??e,
    Christoph
  • Andreas R. at Feb 1, 2006 at 10:21 am

    Sybren Stuvel wrote:
    To be honest, it looks very much like games from 1995...
    The game has isometric graphics. It's possible to have nice isometric
    graphics, ie. look at Civilization 3. Besides, there's a lot more to a
    good strategy game than good looks.
  • Sybren Stuvel at Feb 1, 2006 at 1:14 pm

    Andreas R. enlightened us with:
    The game has isometric graphics. It's possible to have nice
    isometric graphics, ie. look at Civilization 3. Besides, there's a
    lot more to a good strategy game than good looks.
    True. That's why I only commented on the graphics - that's the only
    visible thing ATM ;-)

    Sybren
    Frank Zappa

grouppython-list @