I have completed recoding my CRM app into Python so that it will run on
Win32, ARM Linux, and ARM Windows Mobile platforms. Now I am looking to
try to roll it into the Palm OS platform. Since Pippy is based on an
older version of Python than I am using for my other implementations I
was thinking about using Jython. Would this be a viable option for the
Palm OS platform? I installed IBM Websphere Everywhere Micro
Environment on a test Palm Tungsten C I have, but didn't see this JVM
listed on the Jython compatibility list. So I am heading down a blind
alley I suppose?

Search Discussions

  • Khalid Zuberi at Jan 30, 2006 at 9:23 pm
    I have completed recoding my CRM app into Python so that it will run on
    Win32, ARM Linux, and ARM Windows Mobile platforms. Now I am looking to
    try to roll it into the Palm OS platform. Since Pippy is based on an
    older version of Python than I am using for my other implementations I
    was thinking about using Jython. Would this be a viable option for the
    Palm OS platform? I installed IBM Websphere Everywhere Micro
    Environment on a test Palm Tungsten C I have, but didn't see this JVM
    listed on the Jython compatibility list. So I am heading down a blind
    alley I suppose?

    While someone has recently done some work to get Jython working with J2ME
    (reference below), I think its targetted at Pocket PC class devices (CDC spec)
    as opposed to palm (CLDC as far as i know).

    http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.lang.jython.devel/1826

    - kz
  • Gregarican at Jan 31, 2006 at 9:24 pm

    Khalid Zuberi wrote:

    While someone has recently done some work to get Jython working with > J2ME
    (reference below), I think its targetted at Pocket PC class devices (CDC spec)
    as opposed to palm (CLDC as far as i know).

    http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.lang.jython.devel/1826
    Thanks for the link. Since my app isn't too complex I am going to try
    to deploy it using SuperWaba on the Palm OS. I downloaded an Eclipse
    plug-in for in and see there's an XMLRPC extension available for
    SuperWaba as well. This the communications method I use for my app so
    we'll see how it goes!

grouppython-list @
categoriespython
postedJan 30, '06 at 7:03p
activeJan 31, '06 at 9:24p
websitepython.org

2 users in discussion

Gregarican: 2 posts Khalid Zuberi: 1 post