Hi All,

Can someone please tell me what I need to use GTK with python for windows
and Linux?

Any links to the appropriate installations would be greatly appreciated as I
don't know what I need... GIMP... GTK+ etc

Thanks for any advice

Pauly

Search Discussions

  • Renato at Nov 17, 2005 at 9:42 am
    You'll need to install the libglade/gtk/pygtk packages from:

    http://www.pcpm.ucl.ac.be/~gustin/win32_ports/

    When your app is complete you can package it with py2exe
  • Ask at Nov 18, 2005 at 6:45 am
    Thanks Renato,

    I'm downloading now.

    Pauly
    "Renato" <renato.ramonda at gmail.com> wrote in message
    news:1132220556.790227.219560 at g43g2000cwa.googlegroups.com...
    You'll need to install the libglade/gtk/pygtk packages from:

    http://www.pcpm.ucl.ac.be/~gustin/win32_ports/

    When your app is complete you can package it with py2exe
  • Antoon Pardon at Nov 17, 2005 at 10:06 am

    Can someone please tell me what I need to use GTK with python for windows
    and Linux?

    Any links to the appropriate installations would be greatly appreciated as I
    don't know what I need... GIMP... GTK+ etc
    Well I think if you visit http://www.pygtk.org/, it will answer most of
    your questions.

    --
    Antoon Pardon
  • Batfree at Nov 17, 2005 at 5:44 pm
    "batfree" <bafreelist at gmail.com> wrote in message
    news:dlifh6$8qc$1 at news.yaako.com...
    all you need are GTK+ envirement and the pygtk module.You can get more
    information in www.pygtk.org.
  • Ask at Nov 18, 2005 at 6:46 am
    Of course that's where I first looked but the amount of options are many.
    Thanks anyway.

    "Antoon Pardon" <apardon at forel.vub.ac.be> wrote in message
    news:slrndnolhb.isd.apardon at rcpc42.vub.ac.be...
    Can someone please tell me what I need to use GTK with python for windows
    and Linux?

    Any links to the appropriate installations would be greatly appreciated
    as I
    don't know what I need... GIMP... GTK+ etc
    Well I think if you visit http://www.pygtk.org/, it will answer most of
    your questions.

    --
    Antoon Pardon
  • Hrh1818 at Nov 18, 2005 at 12:39 am
    Chapter 13 in "Beginning Python" by Peter Norton has a good
    introduction to using GTK to create a GUI. .

    Howard

    Ask wrote:
    Hi All,

    Can someone please tell me what I need to use GTK with python for windows
    and Linux?

    Any links to the appropriate installations would be greatly appreciated as I
    don't know what I need... GIMP... GTK+ etc

    Thanks for any advice

    Pauly
  • Ask at Nov 18, 2005 at 6:46 am
    Thanks Howard

    news:1132274348.764132.141460 at g47g2000cwa.googlegroups.com...

    Ask wrote:
    Hi All,

    Can someone please tell me what I need to use GTK with python for windows
    and Linux?

    Any links to the appropriate installations would be greatly appreciated
    as I
    don't know what I need... GIMP... GTK+ etc

    Thanks for any advice

    Pauly
  • Daniel Crespo at Nov 18, 2005 at 3:12 pm
    I prefer wxPython www.wxpython.org

    Daniel

grouppython-list @
categoriespython