I'm looking for a Python-based DMS, but I don't know any.
The following points are relevant:

- suitable for 10..100 users with more than 10000 documents

- documents are mostly proprietary formats: MS Word, MS Excel,
MS PowerPoint, but maybe also: PDF, HTML, DocBook, ...

- typical DMS features: access control, archive older
versions, search/query, document hierarchy, web frontend

I have heard of DocMGR, MyDMS, and OWL, which are all PHP-based.
A Python-based DMS would allow me to add new features easily.

Thanks for hints!

Cheers, WB (please CC me)

Search Discussions

  • B Mahoney at Nov 10, 2005 at 6:22 pm
    If you search for CONTENT management system, there is
    Plone: A user-friendly and powerful open source Content Management ...
    http://plone.org/
  • W. Borgert at Nov 11, 2005 at 4:32 pm

    If you search for CONTENT management system, there is
    Plone: A user-friendly and powerful open source Content Management ...
    http://plone.org/
    No, I'm looking for a DMS, not a CMS. My impression from
    the Plone web page is, that it does not have DMS features.

    Cheers, WB
  • Fredrik Lundh at Nov 11, 2005 at 4:44 pm

    W. Borgert wrote:

    If you search for CONTENT management system, there is
    Plone: A user-friendly and powerful open source Content Management ...
    http://plone.org/
    No, I'm looking for a DMS, not a CMS. My impression from
    the Plone web page is, that it does not have DMS features.
    maybe this is what you want ?

    http://bscw.fit.fraunhofer.de/

    for a hosted (and very polished) implementation of BSCW, see

    http://www.projectplace.com/index.html

    </F>
  • Dieter Maurer at Nov 15, 2005 at 6:36 pm

    I'm looking for a Python-based DMS, but I don't know any.
    The following points are relevant:

    - suitable for 10..100 users with more than 10000 documents

    - documents are mostly proprietary formats: MS Word, MS Excel,
    MS PowerPoint, but maybe also: PDF, HTML, DocBook, ...

    - typical DMS features: access control, archive older
    versions, search/query, document hierarchy, web frontend
    You may have a look at Plone, Silva and CPS (all Zope based).

    Dieter

grouppython-list @
categoriespython
postedNov 10, '05 at 1:43p