Hi!

Shed Skin 0.0.2 is up on SourceForge. It should install easily under
Windows 2000/XP and OSX. Please give it a try and let me know if there
are still some problems.

If you would like to help me improve Shed Skin, please send me small
code snippets, preferrably extracted from real-life use cases, that
the compiler has problems with.

Thanks to everyone who has helped me out, especially Khalid, Leonardo
and Luis here on python-list, and Denis de Leeuw Duarte right here in
the street :-)

http://shedskin.sourceforge.net
http://shed-skin.blogspot.com

thanks!
mark.

Search Discussions

  • Mark Dufour at Sep 20, 2005 at 12:45 pm
    Hi!

    Shed Skin is an experimental Python-to-C++ compiler. Along with
    GNU/Linux, version 0.0.2 should now also install easily under Windows
    2000/XP and OSX. Please give it a try and let me know if there are
    still some problems.

    If you would like to help me improve Shed Skin, please send me small
    code snippets, preferrably extracted from real-life use cases, that
    the compiler has problems with.

    Thanks to everyone who has helped me out, especially Khalid, Leonardo
    and Luis here on python-list, and Denis de Leeuw Duarte right here in
    the street :-)

    http://shedskin.sourceforge.net
    http://shed-skin.blogspot.com

    thanks!
    mark.
  • Michael Sparks at Sep 20, 2005 at 7:03 pm

    Mark Dufour wrote:
    Shed Skin is an experimental Python-to-C++ compiler. Along with
    GNU/Linux, version 0.0.2 should now also install easily under Windows
    2000/XP and OSX. Please give it a try and let me know if there are
    still some problems.
    ss.py writes a make file, but unfortunately doesn't detect correctly whether
    you need libdl linked in or not. As a result the generated Makefile for the
    test includes this for me:

    MAINOBJ=test.o
    test: $(MAINOBJ) /home/zathras/Documents/shedskin-0.0.2/libss.a
    $(CC) $(CCFLAGS)
    $(MAINOBJ) /home/zathras/Documents/shedskin-0.0.2/libss.a -lgc -o test

    Whereas it would need to be the following because I'm under linux:

    MAINOBJ=test.o
    test: $(MAINOBJ) /home/michaels/Documents/shedskin-0.0.2/libss.a
    $(CC) $(CCFLAGS)
    $(MAINOBJ) /home/michaels/Documents/shedskin-0.0.2/libss.a -lgc -ldl -o
    test

    (The reason I'm not suggesting just throwing in -ldl is because that will
    then break on other platforms... You need to detect whether it's needed or
    not for the platform it's currently compiling for)

    Regards,

    Michael.

grouppython-list @
categoriespython
postedSep 20, '05 at 12:39p
activeSep 20, '05 at 7:03p
websitepython.org

2 users in discussion

Mark Dufour: 2 posts Michael Sparks: 1 post