Harish Kotian wrote:
Hi Steve
Thank you for getting back. I suspect I am having problem with the
response object in Python.

I also tried with response.write it didn't work.
I pasted your code into my page and tried it. I am again pasting the
code followed by the error page.
I shall be grateful if you can figure out the problem.
harish.
<%@ LANGUAGE = Python%>

<%
response.redirect("http://yahoo.com/") ^^^^^^^
%>
The page cannot be displayed

The page cannot be displayed

There is a problem with the page you are trying to reach and it cannot
be displayed.

Please try the following:
List of 2 items
? Click the
Refresh
button, or try again later.
? Open the
kotian
home page, and then look for links to the information you want.
list end

HTTP 500.100 - Internal Server Error - ASP error
Internet Information Services

List of 5 items
? Error Type:
Python ActiveX Scripting Engine (0x80020009)
invalid syntax
/test/test7.asp, line 4, column 4
response.redirect("http://yahoo.com/")
---^

? Browser Type:
Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.1; SV1; .NET CLR 1.1.4322)

? Page:
GET /test/test7.asp

? Time:
Saturday, September 03, 2005, 10:32:03 AM

? More information:
Microsoft Support

list end
The traceback explains the problem: Python programs must start with no
indentation. Even when writing in ASP code-brackets (<% ... %>) each
code block must be a valid Python snippet.

Also each code block stands alone, so you start afresh with no
indentation whenever you open a new code-bracket. Try

<%
response.redirect("http://www.holdenweb.com/")
%>

and see if that works.

regards
Steve

--
Steve Holden +44 150 684 7255 +1 800 494 3119

  • Steve Holden at Sep 3, 2005 at 5:54 am

    Harish Kotian wrote:
    Hi Steve
    I copied the lines from your mail and again got the error.
    I am only pasting the relevant error lines below.

    ? Error Type:
    Python ActiveX Scripting Engine (0x80020009)
    Traceback (most recent call last): File "<Script Block >", line 1, in ?
    response.redirect("http://www.holdenweb.com/") NameError: name
    'response' is not
    defined
    /test/test7.asp, line 3
    response.redirect("http://www.holdenweb.com/")

    The code now reads as below
    <%@ LANGUAGE = Python%>
    <%

    ----- Original Message ----- From: "Steve Holden" <steve at holdenweb.com>
    Thank you for getting back. I suspect I am having problem with the
    response object in Python.
    I also tried with response.write it didn't work.
    I pasted your code into my page and tried it. I am again pasting the
    code followed by the error page.
    I shall be grateful if you can figure out the problem.
    harish.
    <%@ LANGUAGE = Python%>
    <%
    response.redirect("http://yahoo.com/") ^^^^^^^
    %>
    The page cannot be displayed
    The page cannot be displayed
    There is a problem with the page you are trying to reach and it
    cannot be displayed.
    Please try the following:
    List of 2 items
    ? Click the
    Refresh
    button, or try again later.
    ? Open the
    kotian
    home page, and then look for links to the information you want.
    list end
    HTTP 500.100 - Internal Server Error - ASP error
    Internet Information Services
    List of 5 items
[...]

    OK. This is excellent. You will notice you are no longer receiving
    syntax error reports. It may not seem like it, but this is progress!
    Could you now try

    <%
    Response.Redirect("http://www.holdenweb.com/")
    %>

    Hint: Python is case-sensitive.

    regards
    Steve
    --
    Steve Holden +44 150 684 7255 +1 800 494 3119

grouppython-list @
categoriespython
postedSep 3, '05 at 5:12a
activeSep 3, '05 at 5:54a