i'm developing an app that uses wxPython and Firebird via kinterbasdb on
Win XP SP2. On insert of a record i get this error:
(kinterbasdb.InterfaceError)
(0, "Type mismatch: Input parameter for field named [name n
ot known at this stage of query execution] must be a string, rather than
a <type 'unicode'>.")

Python, wxPython are all unicode enabled. The firebird database is
created with the UNICODE_FSS charset and opened as such in kinterbasdb's
connect function (charset=UNICODE). The GUI's charset is made with
wxGlade and there i specified UTF-8 for the encoding.

I'm out of ideas as to why i get this error message.

Any ideas?

Thanks
Benedict

Search Discussions

  • Flupke at May 23, 2005 at 12:32 am

    flupke wrote:
    Hi,

    i'm developing an app that uses wxPython and Firebird via kinterbasdb on
    Win XP SP2. On insert of a record i get this error:
    (kinterbasdb.InterfaceError)
    (0, "Type mismatch: Input parameter for field named [name n
    ot known at this stage of query execution] must be a string, rather than
    a <type 'unicode'>.")

    Python, wxPython are all unicode enabled. The firebird database is
    created with the UNICODE_FSS charset and opened as such in kinterbasdb's
    connect function (charset=UNICODE). The GUI's charset is made with
    wxGlade and there i specified UTF-8 for the encoding.

    I'm out of ideas as to why i get this error message.

    Any ideas?

    Thanks
    Benedict
    If looked around a bit and it seems i have to do a
    kinterbasdb.init(type_conv0). But this gives another error:

    File "C:\Python24\lib\site-packages\kinterbasdb\__init__.py", line 343,
    in init
    fakeFunc.func_code = realFunc.func_code
    ValueError: Date() requires a code object with 0 free vars, not 1

    I installd the mx Data time module and the fixedpoint module but that
    doesn't help. I still get the same error.
    Does anybody know what's wrong?

    Thanks,
    Benedict
  • Flupke at May 23, 2005 at 9:30 am