I have installed Python-2.3.3 in the SUSE Linux 9.1 system and am
trying to rebuild an application rpm that was implemented in Python,
the defines in the pyconfig.h seem to be related to Microsoft 32-bit
and 64-bit environment, do I need these defines in the linux
environment? what is the purpose of this header file?

Thanks.

Search Discussions

  • Jeff Epler at Mar 7, 2005 at 10:09 pm
    The pyconfig.h file (/usr/include/python2.3/pyconfig.h) should begin
    something like this
    /* pyconfig.h. Generated by configure. */
    /* pyconfig.h.in. Generated from configure.in by autoheader. */
    and shouldn't cause problems.

    If it starts in a wildly different way than that, then it's probably due
    to something unique SUSE did in packaging Python. If you're having
    problems with SUSE's own modifications, then the place to go is probably
    their bug database or mailing lists.

    Jeff