How do I use Tkinter from IDLE? Tkinter can be used from IDLE attached
to python 2.2, IDLE 0.8. But I couldn't use from IDLE attached to
python 2.3, IDLE 1.0.3. When I execute the code below:
from Tkinter import *
root = Tk()
the window appears form IDLE 0.8, but not from IDLE 1.0.3.

Search Discussions

  • Russell Blau at Mar 3, 2005 at 5:55 pm
    How do I use Tkinter from IDLE? Tkinter can be used from IDLE attached
    to python 2.2, IDLE 0.8. But I couldn't use from IDLE attached to
    python 2.3, IDLE 1.0.3. When I execute the code below:
    from Tkinter import *
    root = Tk()
    the window appears form IDLE 0.8, but not from IDLE 1.0.3.
    Add the line:

    root.mainloop()

    at the end of your code.

    --
    I don't actually read my hotmail account, but you can replace hotmail with
    excite if you really want to reach me.

grouppython-list @
categoriespython
postedMar 3, '05 at 5:23p