I'm having trouble with python on MacOSX 10.3. I wrote an extension module,
in C, and got it to compile and run just fine, in MacOSX 10.2, using the
MacPython 2.3 package that I downloaded.

But when I copied my stuff over to my computer that had MacOSX 10.3(.7), and
the out-of-the-box MacPython 2.3 that comes installed with it, I can no longer
use my extension module, or run any new ones that I compile.

It appears to compile just fine (I'm using the distutils setup.py to compile
it), but when I import it in my Python script, it says
"Fatal Error: Interpreter not initialized (version mismatch?)"

I'm pretty sure I deleted all the copies of the version I compiled on my 10.2
machine. Also, I don't seem to be able to create new modules from scratch.

What's going wrong here? Am I doomed to never be able to create or run python
extension modules on my computer?
What can I download and install, to bring my versions in line?

Thank you.
--Ryan

Search Discussions

  • Fredrik Lundh at Jan 17, 2005 at 7:42 pm

    Ryan Jud Hughes wrote:

    I'm having trouble with python on MacOSX 10.3. I wrote an extension module,
    in C, and got it to compile and run just fine, in MacOSX 10.2, using the
    MacPython 2.3 package that I downloaded.

    But when I copied my stuff over to my computer that had MacOSX 10.3(.7), and
    the out-of-the-box MacPython 2.3 that comes installed with it, I can no longer
    use my extension module, or run any new ones that I compile.

    It appears to compile just fine (I'm using the distutils setup.py to compile
    it), but when I import it in my Python script, it says
    "Fatal Error: Interpreter not initialized (version mismatch?)"
    this appears to be a Python-on-Mac-OS-X FAQ. see this thread
    for a solution (including a "fix installer"):

    http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.python.image/1316

    </F>

grouppython-list @
categoriespython
postedJan 17, '05 at 7:27p
activeJan 17, '05 at 7:42p
websitepython.org

2 users in discussion

Fredrik Lundh: 1 post Ryan Jud Hughes: 1 post