Hi all, I'm new to the python language and I'm having trouble. I'm
writing a basic chat script...real basic. It's client-server based and
I'm wanting the roles to change -- client becomes server and vice versa.
The problem is when I do this, the server switches to the client no
problem. However, when the client tries to switch to server mode, it
can't because the previous server is still bound to the socket it wants
to use. I've tried using socket.closesocket and socket.DisconnectEx but
nothing works. Any suggestions? Or could you point me to documentation
showing supported commands for win32net? Any help is greatly appreciated.

-Shin

Search Discussions

  • Sp1d3rx at Jan 14, 2005 at 10:22 pm
    Have you tried using UDP instead of TCP? Also, it is common practice to
    choose a random port over 1024 for opening a connection to a remote
    server.

grouppython-list @
categoriespython
postedJan 13, '05 at 9:23p