Hi Folks,

I currenty extended some of my C++ functionality to python and also
embedded python to use python functionality in my C++ system (and use
as well these extended functions).

While this works fine with the core python functionality, as soon as I
run a script (on the embedded system) which tries to import modules
which are not in the core system, like "xml" or "re", it fails and says
it cannot find the related dll (for example in the case of re the
_sre.pyd). It works fine if i run the script with the 'regular'
interpreter.

It does not look like a path-problem to me, so I'm clueless right now.
I could work around this extending some functions to python and use
them, but then I lose what I was aiming for, the "power" of python and
python-modules.

Do i have to tell the embedded python system somehow where to look for
extension dll's? (it even does not work if i have the pyd files in the
(same) folder than the system where I start my embedded python program.

It would be great if someone would have an idea, at least how to get me
started on this.

thanks a lot in advance,
-stefan

Search Discussions

  • Vincent wehren at Dec 8, 2004 at 5:15 am

    stefan wrote:
    Hi Folks,

    I currenty extended some of my C++ functionality to python and also
    embedded python to use python functionality in my C++ system (and use
    as well these extended functions).

    While this works fine with the core python functionality, as soon as I
    run a script (on the embedded system) which tries to import modules
    which are not in the core system, like "xml" or "re", it fails and says
    it cannot find the related dll (for example in the case of re the
    _sre.pyd). It works fine if i run the script with the 'regular'
    interpreter.
    Is this in debug mode? If so, make sure you have the debug versions of
    those dll's in your path (i.e. _sre_d.pyd etc.)...

    HTH
    --
    Vincent Wehren
    It does not look like a path-problem to me, so I'm clueless right now.
    I could work around this extending some functions to python and use
    them, but then I lose what I was aiming for, the "power" of python and
    python-modules.

    Do i have to tell the embedded python system somehow where to look for
    extension dll's? (it even does not work if i have the pyd files in the
    (same) folder than the system where I start my embedded python program.

    It would be great if someone would have an idea, at least how to get me
    started on this.

    thanks a lot in advance,
    -stefan
  • Stefan at Dec 8, 2004 at 7:11 pm
    thanks a lot for the quick answer.

    I had to provide the debug-versions, since I was in debug mode, like
    you already expected! thanks a lot again!

    -stefan
  • Donnie Leen at Dec 8, 2004 at 6:05 am
    Du you use program in linux? I work in windows, but I think it's a way to tell your program the module path like this:

    char path[MAX_PATH], cpy_cmd[MAX_PATH];
    GetCurrentDirectory( MAX_PATH, path );
    sprintf( cpy_cmd, "sys.path.append(r\'%s\\modules\')", path );
    PyRun_SimpleString("import sys"); // load built-in module sys
    PyRun_SimpleString( cpy_cmd ); // set my modules path