Hello,

I am using NT4 and downloaded the following Windows installations:

1. Python-2.3.4
2. pywin32-203.win32-py2.2 Url:
http://sourceforge.net/projects/pywin32/

I installed Python 2.3.4 succesfully.
But when I run the win32 extentions installer, it returns a failure
message "Python 2.2 required".

So does this mean that I cannot use win 32 extentions Python2.3?

Search Discussions

  • Pieter Claerhout at Nov 17, 2004 at 8:47 am
    Yes, you can, but the version you downloaded is linked against Python 2.2
    (the last part of the filename). You need to download the one linked against
    Python 2.3.

    Cheers,

    pieter

    Creo EMEA S.A.
    pieter claerhout | product support prinergy & synapse link | tel: +32 2 352
    2511 | pieter.claerhout at creo.com | www.creo.com

    IMAGINE CREATE BELIEVE(tm)

    I am using NT4 and downloaded the following Windows installations:

    1. Python-2.3.4
    2. pywin32-203.win32-py2.2 Url:
    http://sourceforge.net/projects/pywin32/

    I installed Python 2.3.4 succesfully.
    But when I run the win32 extentions installer, it returns a failure
    message "Python 2.2 required".

    So does this mean that I cannot use win 32 extentions Python2.3?
  • Tim Hoffman at Nov 17, 2004 at 9:05 am

    SoftwareTester wrote:
    Hello,

    I am using NT4 and downloaded the following Windows installations:

    1. Python-2.3.4
    2. pywin32-203.win32-py2.2 Url:
    http://sourceforge.net/projects/pywin32/

    I installed Python 2.3.4 succesfully.
    But when I run the win32 extentions installer, it returns a failure
    message "Python 2.2 required".

    So does this mean that I cannot use win 32 extentions Python2.3?
    Hi

    It does work, you have just downloaded the pywin32 for Python 2.2 not 2.3.x

    You need pywin32-203.win32-py2.3.exe

    See ya

grouppython-list @
categoriespython