http://www.wordtech-software.com
http://www.smallbizmac.com
http://www.kevin-walzer.com
mailto:sw at wordtech-software.com

Search Discussions

  • Timothy Grant at Nov 10, 2004 at 6:20 pm

    This is a huge blessing! Thank you so much.

    That said I'm having a bit of difficulty.

    I believe I followed the instructions correctly including all the
    symlinks that were suggested. However, I get an error.

    (timothygrant at bastard%) pythonw
    ~
    Python 2.3 (#1, Sep 13 2003, 00:49:11)
    [GCC 3.3 20030304 (Apple Computer, Inc. build 1495)] on darwin
    import qt
    Traceback (most recent call last):
    File "<stdin>", line 1, in ?
    ImportError: Failure linking new module: libqt-mt.3.dylib: dyld:
    /System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.3/Resources/Python.app/Contents/MacOS/Python
    can't open library: libqt-mt.3.dylib (No such file or directory,
    errno = 2)

    Any tips?

    Thank you.

    --
    Stand Fast,
    tjg.

    Timothy Grant wrote:
    This is a huge blessing! Thank you so much.
    That said I'm having a bit of difficulty.
    I believe I followed the instructions correctly including all the
    symlinks that were suggested. However, I get an error.
    (timothygrant at bastard%) pythonw
    ~
    Python 2.3 (#1, Sep 13 2003, 00:49:11)
    [GCC 3.3 20030304 (Apple Computer, Inc. build 1495)] on darwin
    import qt
    Traceback (most recent call last):
    File "<stdin>", line 1, in ?
    ImportError: Failure linking new module: libqt-mt.3.dylib: dyld:
    /System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.3/Resources/Python.app/Contents/MacOS/Python
    can't open library: libqt-mt.3.dylib (No such file or directory,
    errno = 2)
    Any tips?
    Thank you.

    I took a look and realized that this build doesn't use
    libqt-mt.3.dylib--it is a static build. Try substituting libqt-mt.a and
    libqt-mt.la in the symlinks. If this, or something like it, works, I'll
    ~ update the installation instructions.

    - --
    Kevin Walzer, PhD
    WordTech Software--Open Source Applications and Packages for OS X
    mailto:sw at wordtech-software.com
  • Timothy Grant at Nov 10, 2004 at 7:18 pm