Hi again folks!

I tried searching the newsgroup for this and nobody seemed to be asking
the questions I wanted.

I'm trying to take advantage of the Google API using Python, and it
comes with a WSDL file in order to do so. Of course, I immediately
figured someone must have already written a WSDL parser in Python.

It appears that I have a few options...

SOAPy - http://soapy.sourceforge.net/
wsdl4py - http://www-124.ibm.com/developerworks/projects/wsdl4py/
ZSI - http://packages.debian.org/testing/python/python-zsi

It also looked like there was a tutorial using a 'WebService' module,
but I couldn't immediately find a home page for this -- it may have been
the project that SOAPy is a part of.

I'd simply like to know if someone has already done all the research in
this area and has come to a conclusion regarding which one of these is
the 'best'? Easiest to set up and use, fastest, frequently updated, etc...

Anyone know?

Thanks!

Brian

Search Discussions

  • Ralf Schmitt at Oct 4, 2004 at 6:23 pm

    Brian Beck <exogen at gmail.com> writes:

    Hi again folks!

    I tried searching the newsgroup for this and nobody seemed to be
    asking the questions I wanted.

    I'm trying to take advantage of the Google API using Python, and it
    comes with a WSDL file in order to do so. Of course, I immediately
    figured someone must have already written a WSDL parser in Python.
    For your purposes there is a complete python package:
    http://pygoogle.sourceforge.net/
    It appears that I have a few options...

    SOAPy - http://soapy.sourceforge.net/
    wsdl4py - http://www-124.ibm.com/developerworks/projects/wsdl4py/
    ZSI - http://packages.debian.org/testing/python/python-zsi

    It also looked like there was a tutorial using a 'WebService' module,
    but I couldn't immediately find a home page for this -- it may have
    been the project that SOAPy is a part of.

    I'd simply like to know if someone has already done all the research
    in this area and has come to a conclusion regarding which one of these
    is the 'best'? Easiest to set up and use, fastest, frequently
    updated, etc...
    I once tried to use ZSI to implement a soap server. It's neither easy
    to set up and use, nor fast. In the end I wrote my own package to
    implement a soap server.

    - Ralf
    --
    brainbot technologies ag
    boppstrasse 64 . 55118 mainz . germany
    http://brainbot.com/ mailto:ralf at brainbot.com
  • Brian Beck at Oct 4, 2004 at 7:19 pm

    For your purposes there is a complete python package:
    http://pygoogle.sourceforge.net/
    Wow, thanks for the heads-up. I figured such a package would be
    included directly in Google's API demos if it existed since they seem to
    be such big Python advocates.

    Brian

grouppython-list @
categoriespython
postedOct 4, '04 at 6:19a
activeOct 4, '04 at 7:19p
websitepython.org

2 users in discussion

Brian Beck: 2 posts Ralf Schmitt: 1 post