Anyone having experience with Kevin Gill's TWAIN module (from
www.sourceforge.org)?

Seems that a user MUST be logged in on the computer (Windows 2000) to be
able to scan on a TWAIN-scanner?
Trying to create a network-attached scanner service, so I would like to
avoid having a user logged in on the scanner-computer.

-------
Tomas

Search Discussions

  • Hank Fay at Sep 26, 2004 at 1:49 am
    Hi Tomas,

    I believe that's a security policy issue which is optional; usually what one
    would do is have the network admins create a user capable of using that
    service from outside that machine; and then impersonate that user when
    scanning.

    Hank

    --

    "Tomas Christiansen" <toc-01-nospam at blikroer.dk> wrote in message
    news:cj3rv0$e1h$1 at news.cybercity.dk...
    Anyone having experience with Kevin Gill's TWAIN module (from
    www.sourceforge.org)?

    Seems that a user MUST be logged in on the computer (Windows 2000) to be
    able to scan on a TWAIN-scanner?
    Trying to create a network-attached scanner service, so I would like to
    avoid having a user logged in on the scanner-computer.

    -------
    Tomas
  • Tomas Christiansen at Sep 26, 2004 at 3:59 pm

    Hank Fay skrev:
    I believe that's a security policy issue which is optional; usually what one
    would do is have the network admins create a user capable of using that
    service from outside that machine; and then impersonate that user when
    scanning.
    No, no, no :-)

    Some (ANY) user MUST be logged on to the workstation connected to the
    scanner for a TWAIN-scan to be successful. If the Python program is running
    as a Windows 2000 service (controlled by a VB6 program of my own, spawning
    the Python program), the service MUST have access to the desktop (so it MUST
    run under local system account).

    It's very anoying!

    -------
    Tomas

grouppython-list @
categoriespython
postedSep 25, '04 at 1:31p
activeSep 26, '04 at 3:59p
websitepython.org

2 users in discussion

Tomas Christiansen: 2 posts Hank Fay: 1 post