Some days ago I installed Apache 2.0.50 on my Win98SE computer.
Apache worked fine but Python ceased to work. There is a message
"The MSVCRT.dll file is linked to missing export NTDLL.dll:
RtlGetNTVersionNumbers" when I start python.exe in a console and
pythonwin.exe.

In Windows newsgroups this error is reported to prevent Win98 from
starting but on my system only Python is affected. I have replaced
all dlls in \windows\system from a backup but the error doesn't go
away. Has somebody experienced similar problems and found a cure?
Thanks for your help.

Mit freundlichen Gruessen,

Peter Maas

Peter Maas, M+R Infosysteme, D-52070 Aachen, Tel +49-241-93878-0

  • Peter Maas at Jul 30, 2004 at 7:24 am

    Peter Maas schrieb:
    Some days ago I installed Apache 2.0.50 on my Win98SE computer.
    Apache worked fine but Python ceased to work. There is a message
    "The MSVCRT.dll file is linked to missing export NTDLL.dll:
    RtlGetNTVersionNumbers" when I start python.exe in a console and
    pythonwin.exe.
    I've found the cause: There was an NT-like MSVCRT.DLL in the Python
    directory! The current directory is searched first on Windows so that
    Python found this MSVCRT.DLL instead of the one in \windows\system.

    I have no idea how MSVCRT.DLL and some other DLLs got there.

    Peter Maas, M+R Infosysteme, D-52070 Aachen, Tel +49-241-93878-0

grouppython-list @
categoriespython
postedJul 29, '04 at 7:31a
activeJul 30, '04 at 7:24a