Hi all, i've just seen the pydebug plugin for jEdit and my question is :
is there something similar for emacs ?
i'm looking for a debugger frontend, a very simple program, just set
breakpoint, execute one line and show variables' values

ty

--
Ciao
Fabio

Search Discussions

  • Peter Milliken at Jun 14, 2004 at 9:50 pm
    Not sure what you mean here as I haven't seen the pydebug plugin referenced
    (or jEdit for that matter - once you discover Emacs you require no other
    editor :-)).

    But you do realise you can run Python from within Emacs (C-c ! from within
    any buffer visiting a .py file) and thence import pdb (and your module to
    debug) and debug directly there? This allows you all the benefits of running
    Python from a command line and getting all the edit features of Emacs
    available at the same time. In fact this is the way I debug pretty much all
    of my code.

    Regards,
    Peter

    "Wezzy" <wezzy at despammed.com> wrote in message
    news:1gfdsc1.xki45v1xowbeoN%wezzy at despammed.com...
    Hi all, i've just seen the pydebug plugin for jEdit and my question is :
    is there something similar for emacs ?
    i'm looking for a debugger frontend, a very simple program, just set
    breakpoint, execute one line and show variables' values

    ty

    --
    Ciao
    Fabio