hello

I would like to query some tables in some ortacle database from python and
process the result.:

select * from table_name where rownum='1'

is there an oracle database module for hpux or windows (like perls db) that
will plug into python and allow me to do this?

many thanx

dean

Search Discussions

  • Neil Hodgson at Jun 2, 2004 at 8:21 am

    diablo:

    I would like to query some tables in some ortacle database from python and
    process the result.:

    select * from table_name where rownum='1'

    is there an oracle database module for hpux or windows (like perls db) that
    will plug into python and allow me to do this?
    cx_Oracle is good.
    http://starship.python.net/crew/atuining/cx_Oracle/index.html
    There is also DCOracle.

    Neil
  • Bernard Delmée at Jun 2, 2004 at 6:27 pm
    cx_oracle rocks. I've used it on the two platforms you
    mention with no problem whatsoever (you'll probably need
    to build python+cx_oracle from source on hp-ux, though)

    http://www.computronix.com/utilities.shtml#Oracle

    HTH,

    Bernard.

grouppython-list @