I'm trying to developp an application which use Zope and DCOracle2
module to access Oracle database. I've install the DCOracle2 product
on Windows XP, but when I create a python function to access my
database, I' have the following error when I test it :
import DCOracle2 is unauthorized
Can You help me ?
Thank you

Search Discussions

  • Bob Lancaster at Apr 27, 2004 at 2:20 pm
    I'm trying to developp an application which use Zope and DCOracle2
    module to access Oracle database. I've install the DCOracle2 product
    on Windows XP, but when I create a python function to access my
    database, I' have the following error when I test it :
    import DCOracle2 is unauthorized
    Can You help me ?
    Thank you
    Sounds like the problem is on your machine, and not with DCOracle2.
    I've imported it quite nicely (on Windows 2000), and so have many
    others. I would check the permissions on your DCOracle files.

    Also, is that an English or French version of Windows XP? Many of our
    customers use non-English versions of XP, and those versions are often
    not as robust as the English version.

    Bob Lancaster

    rlancasterATbruker-axsDOTcom
  • Joe Francia at Apr 27, 2004 at 3:41 pm

    pepericou wrote:

    I'm trying to developp an application which use Zope and DCOracle2
    module to access Oracle database. I've install the DCOracle2 product
    on Windows XP, but when I create a python function to access my
    database, I' have the following error when I test it :
    import DCOracle2 is unauthorized
    Can You help me ?
    Thank you
    I'm assuming you're creating a Python Script in Zope via the ZMI. Zope
    forbids the importing of all but a few modules in the ZMI, for security
    reasons. You will need to use an External Method or, even better, find a
    Zope Oracle Product that will allow you to create a connection in one of
    your folders and allow you to use Z SQL Methods.

    BTW: You should probably post further questions about Zope to either the
    Zope-General or Zope-Database list.

grouppython-list @
categoriespython
postedApr 27, '04 at 10:42a