XPN is a newsreader written in Python+GTK with unicode support.

Major Changes in this release:

*Added Import/Export newsrc file.
*Added autoencode feature. Now XPN automatically chooses the best
encodig for outgoing articles.
*Fixed another bug in threads building

Links:
http://sf.net/projects/xpn
http://xpn.altervista.org (italian)

--
In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. But, in
practice, there is.

Search Discussions

  • Ed Suominen at Apr 24, 2004 at 5:29 pm
    I was very impressed by this application. It's a great testimony to the
    power of Python.

    -Ed Suominen

    Nemesis wrote:
    XPN is a newsreader written in Python+GTK with unicode support.

    Major Changes in this release:

    *Added Import/Export newsrc file.
    *Added autoencode feature. Now XPN automatically chooses the best
    encodig for outgoing articles.
    *Fixed another bug in threads building

    Links:
    http://sf.net/projects/xpn
    http://xpn.altervista.org (italian)
  • Nemesis at Apr 25, 2004 at 3:14 pm

    Mentre io pensavo ad una intro simpatica "Ed Suominen" scriveva:

    XPN is a newsreader written in Python+GTK with unicode support.
    I was very impressed by this application. It's a great testimony to the
    power of Python.
    Thank you very much. :-)
    Python is a GREAT tool.

    --