I looking for a way to record a voice with a microphone and save the
recording in wav format using python.

Does anybody know any module which would let me do this?

This is for a school project where we are going to use this recording to
send voice-messages to cell-phones

regards
Jorg R?dsj?

Search Discussions

  • Doug Holton at Apr 10, 2004 at 7:16 pm

    Jorg R?dsj? wrote:
    I looking for a way to record a voice with a microphone and save the
    recording in wav format using python. >
    Does anybody know any module which would let me do this? >
    This is for a school project where we are going to use this recording to
    send voice-messages to cell-phones >
    regards
    Jorg R?dsj?
    Hi, there isn't a standard python module for recording sound, but
    here are some code samples:
    http://www.johnnypops.demon.co.uk/python/
    http://mail.python.org/pipermail/python-list/2002-February/089037.html
    http://picket.8m.com/programs/ (MCIinterface)
    http://www.speech.kth.se/snack/

    If you have any problems getting it to work for you, just post here again.

grouppython-list @
categoriespython
postedApr 10, '04 at 1:13p
activeApr 10, '04 at 7:16p