I am new to Python (and programming in general).

I have downloaded and installed the Windows installer version of Python 2.3.

The Python (Command line) runs fine, but I just get the hour glass for a few
seconds then it bombs out when I try to run IDLE.

OS Win2kPro SP4

Please help me get started :)

Thanks in advance.
Proelin

Search Discussions

  • Hans Nowak at Apr 4, 2004 at 4:38 am

    Scott Miller wrote:
    I am new to Python (and programming in general).

    I have downloaded and installed the Windows installer version of Python 2.3.

    The Python (Command line) runs fine, but I just get the hour glass for a few
    seconds then it bombs out when I try to run IDLE.

    OS Win2kPro SP4

    Please help me get started :)
    Do you have any other application that uses Tcl/Tk? E.g. Ruby, WordNet, maybe
    even an older version of Python? Sometimes conflicting Tcl/Tk versions cause
    Python's Tkinter import to fail.

    --
    Hans (hans at zephyrfalcon.org)
    http://zephyrfalcon.org/