I'd like to announce TLS Lite v0.2.0 (the first public release, despite
TLS Lite is a pure-python, public domain SSL/TLS library. It has minimal
support for X.509 certificates, but focuses on up-and-coming authentication
methods like SRP , shared-keys , and cryptoIDs .
These methods are easier to use than PKI. They're also barely out of the
oven - the first two are Internet-Drafts, and the last is something I made
up. It's fun stuff to mess with, but keep in mind that the drafts may
change, and the code's alpha quality..
- SSL v3 and TLS v1 support
- Pure python
- with AES, throughput ~25 KB/sec, on a P4 1.7 Ghz
- with RC4, throughput ~250 KB/sec
- Can use cryptlib  or OpenSSL/M2crypto  for faster ciphers & math:
- throughput ~6 MB/sec
- Integrates with httplib and SocketServer framework
Home Page and Download
Sourceforge (not much there, working on it..)
Feedback is much appreciated.