Hi all,

I've installed Python 2.3 using the Windows installer
downloaded from www.python.org. I'm using Win98. The
installation process went well without any problem.
However, double-clicking the "IDLE (Python GUI)" does
nothing. The cursor changes to a hour-glass for about
1 second and then nothing happens. The "Python (command
line)" works.

Any help? Thanks!

Search Discussions

  • R. Hughes at Feb 16, 2004 at 6:46 pm
    No problems here on two W98 platforms using Python
    versions 2.3.2 and 2.3.3 from www.python.org.
    Suggest you try to reinstall then if you still have problems
    try downloading the W98 installer for 2.3.3 again

    Good Luck.

    "Kent Tong" <kent at cpttm.org.mo> wrote in message
    news:c93e5fda.0402160226.6889923b at posting.google.com...
    Hi all,

    I've installed Python 2.3 using the Windows installer
    downloaded from www.python.org. I'm using Win98. The
    installation process went well without any problem.
    However, double-clicking the "IDLE (Python GUI)" does
    nothing. The cursor changes to a hour-glass for about
    1 second and then nothing happens. The "Python (command
    line)" works.

    Any help? Thanks!
  • Thomas Heller at Feb 16, 2004 at 8:30 pm

    kent at cpttm.org.mo (Kent Tong) writes:

    Hi all,

    I've installed Python 2.3 using the Windows installer
    downloaded from www.python.org. I'm using Win98. The
    installation process went well without any problem.
    However, double-clicking the "IDLE (Python GUI)" does
    nothing. The cursor changes to a hour-glass for about
    1 second and then nothing happens. The "Python (command
    line)" works.

    Any help? Thanks!
    Can you try to disable your firewall software, if you have one.

    Thomas
  • Dave K at Feb 16, 2004 at 8:43 pm