Steven ....

I'm also having import problems
with a Win98 installation of PyOpenGL for Python 2.3
from ....

http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/pyopengl
/PyOpenGL-2.0.1.07.py2.3-numpy23.exe?download

Any of the test programs in the Demo folder
that attempt from OpenGL.GLUT fail
as does a direct import attempt
from the Python interpreter ....

python
Enthought Edition build 1028
Python 2.3 (#46, Aug 11 2003, 09:34:05) [MSC v.1200 32 bit (Intel)] on win32
from OpenGL.GLUT import *
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "<stdin>", line 1, in ?
ImportError: DLL load failed: One of the library files needed to run this applic
ation cannot be found.

Using < dependency walker > to examine ....

/site-packages/OpenGL/GLUT.pyd

shows .... glut32.dll * Not Found *

I've done a few searches on Google,
but as yet haven't turned up what
seems to be a compatible version
of this particular missing DLL file ....

Hopefully, someone here might know
how to resolve this ....

--
Cousin Stanley
Human Being

Search Discussions

  • Mike C. Fletcher at Jan 9, 2004 at 8:14 pm

    Cousin Stanley wrote:
    Steven ....

    I'm also having import problems
    with a Win98 installation of PyOpenGL for Python 2.3
    from ....
    Using < dependency walker > to examine ....

    /site-packages/OpenGL/GLUT.pyd

    shows .... glut32.dll * Not Found *
    PyOpenGL doesn't include the actual GLUT library, just a wrapper around
    it (most systems already have GLUT installed these days). You can find
    a link for GLUT for win32 here:

    http://pyopengl.sourceforge.net/documentation/installation.html

    (look for "Win32 binary package" under GLUT 3.7+).
    I've done a few searches on Google,
    but as yet haven't turned up what
    seems to be a compatible version
    of this particular missing DLL file ....

    Hopefully, someone here might know
    how to resolve this ....
    HTH,
    Mike

    _______________________________________
    Mike C. Fletcher
    Designer, VR Plumber, Coder
    http://members.rogers.com/mcfletch/
  • Cousin Stanley at Jan 10, 2004 at 12:54 am

    PyOpenGL doesn't include the actual GLUT library,
    just a wrapper around it
    You can find a link for GLUT for win32 here:

    http://pyopengl.sourceforge.net/documentation/installation.html
    Mike ....

    Thanks for the info ....

    Sticking a copy of glut32.dll from the link you provided above
    in /site-packages/OpenGL fixed the import problem
    and the PyOpenGL demos now seem to fly as expected,
    with a few exceptions that have some errors
    that are of a different nature ....

    I also have a working version of PyOpenGL under Python 2.2
    that has the glut32.dll in /site-packages/OpenGL
    and assumed that the installer that I used many months ago
    had stuck it there since I couldn't find any other GLUT related
    files in my archived downloads ....

    However, I probably somehow deleted it post-install ....

    --
    Cousin Stanley
    Human Being

    "Cousin Stanley" <CousinStanley at hotmail.com> writes:

[...]

    I use the glut DLLs from here[1] with PyOpenGL on NT and I am pretty sure
    that the GLUT examples worked OK. I haven't got access to that machine
    at the moment so I can't check. But if you haven't already tried the
    DLLs from[1] perhaps they might work for you.

    [1] http://www.xmission.com/~nate/glut.html

    Sean
    --
    "Hver sin smak", sa vintapperen, han drakk mens de andre sloss.
  • Cousin Stanley at Jan 10, 2004 at 1:18 am

    The link that Mike Fletcher posted ....

    http://pyopengl.sourceforge.net/documentation/installation.html

    Leads ultimately to the one you posted ....

    http://www.xmission.com/%7Enate/glut.html

    I now have a glut32.dll that works fine
    with Python 2.3 / PyOpenGL ....

    Thanks for the info ....