Hi:

First Issue.
I came home to review the GUI making code I wa given at my first
Python workshop to find out that the TK of my Python installation is
stuck somewhere.

If I type:

from Tkinter import *

I get the following message:

ImportError: No module named Tkinter

Second Issue:
I have RedHat Linux 9.1 which came loaded with Python 2.2.2 and
TK-tcl. I downloaded and un-tar Python 2.3.2 (because it claims to
address various bugs) but the Python prompt still reads 2.2.2

Any help will be much appreciated,

Adolfo Aguirre
UCSB-ISBER
Santa Barbara, CA
805-637-2860

Search Discussions

  • Erik Max Francis at Oct 27, 2003 at 12:42 am

    Adolfo wrote:

    First Issue.
    I came home to review the GUI making code I wa given at my first
    Python workshop to find out that the TK of my Python installation is
    stuck somewhere.

    If I type:

    from Tkinter import *

    I get the following message:

    ImportError: No module named Tkinter
    This means that your current Python installation apparently doesn't have
    Tkinter support builtin. Try rebuilding it (which is what you're doing
    anyway) ...
    Second Issue:
    I have RedHat Linux 9.1 which came loaded with Python 2.2.2 and
    TK-tcl. I downloaded and un-tar Python 2.3.2 (because it claims to
    address various bugs) but the Python prompt still reads 2.2.2
    You'll need to install the new Python. This means more than just
    untarring it; you have to go through the ./configure && make && make
    install sequence to actually get it configured, built, and installed.

    If you're running Red Hat, you probably would rather install an rpm,
    since that way Red Hat can manage the dependencies. See the Red Hat
    HOWTOs for how to do this.

    / \ To endure what is unendurable is true endurance.
    \__/ (a Japanese proverb)

grouppython-list @
categoriespython
postedOct 26, '03 at 11:52p