Maybe I'm stupid, but I've read the python XML howto tutorial, and I
am none the wiser as to how to parse an xml file in order to use the
contents within a python script.

Can someone point me to a tutorial or document on-line showing how to
parse xml. It's got to be for dummies, because I'm clearly not up to
much in the brain department.

Thanks

Matt

Search Discussions

  • Diez B. Roggisch at Oct 17, 2003 at 9:25 am

    matt wrote:

    Maybe I'm stupid, but I've read the python XML howto tutorial, and I
    am none the wiser as to how to parse an xml file in order to use the
    contents within a python script.

    Can someone point me to a tutorial or document on-line showing how to
    parse xml. It's got to be for dummies, because I'm clearly not up to
    much in the brain department.
    I always found the articles at IBM developerworks enlighting - especially
    from Uche Ogbuji

    http://uche.ogbuji.net/tech/4Suite/ibmdw-tutorial/

    He is amongst the creators of 4Suite, a brilliant xml related toolkit.

    And there are some other xml/python related articles on developerworks.

    Regards,

    Diez
  • Paul Boddie at Oct 17, 2003 at 9:32 am