BlackAdder is an application development environment that allows
professional and hobbyist programmers alike to produce complex applications
for the Windows and Linux platforms.
BlackAdder brings together the Python programming language, the Qt
graphical user interface (GUI) toolkit, ODBC database connectivity and an
Integrated Development Environment (IDE) that includes an editor, a GUI
designer, a debugger and an interactive Python interpreter. BlackAdder
gives the programmer, in a single package, all they need to develop
sophisticated applications.
Key Features
A complete cross-platform Integrated Development Environment for developing
GUI applications in Python. You don't need anything else.
Applications run unchanged under Windows and Linux. Protect your investment
in your development.
Personal and Business Editions. The Business Edition includes optional
support and the rights to distribute the run-time elements with your
application at no extra charge.
A limited functionality, freely available demonstration version can be
downloaded from http://www.totalrekall.co.uk or http://www.rygannon.com
Detailed Features
Organises your Python and Ruby scripts and GUI designs into easy to manage
projects.
An editor that includes highlighting of Python keywords, code folding,
automatic indentation, and user configurable fonts and colors.
An interactive Python interpreter (v2.2.x) that allows you to execute any
Python commands while your application is running.
The Professional version of the Qt GUI toolkit (v3.x) including:
the Canvas module
the Table module
the Database module
QSocket, QServerSocket, and Qhost Address classes from the Network module.
A GUI designer with all the features of Qt Designer and generates Python
code.
A debugger that supports single stepping and breakpoints and the display of
local and global objects in any active Python or Ruby frame.
ODBC database connectivity (using mxODBC v2.0, see
<http://www.egenix.com/files/python/mxODBC.html>).
10mb of PyQt documentation with lots of examples and two tutorials, this is
also available as a stand alone product called PyDoc
All that in a fully integrated IDE environment.
Personal Edition Features
For home use.
Includes Windows and Linux versions.
Optional subscription service to receive updates.
Informal mailing list support.
Business Edition Features
For commercial use.
Includes Windows and Linux versions.
Optional subscription service to receive updates.
Optional formal email support.
Includes the rights to distribute the run-time elements (except mxODBC) with
your application.
BlackAdder Developer Network
The optional subscription service called BlackAdder Developer Network
provides you with up to 4 annual updates of your BlackAdder version. Stay up
to date with the latest updates and improvements with the Developer Network,
available in packages for personal and business use.
Requirements
BlackAdder requires Python version 2.2.x.
Pricing and Availability
BlackAdder Personal
Full Version: $79.99
Black Adder Developer Network Personal: $59.99 per year ($39.99 if purchased
during the Beta period)
BlackAdder Business
Full Version: $399.99
Black Adder Developer Network Business: $299.99 per year ($199.99 if
purchased during the Beta period

Search Discussions

  • Michael Peuser at Aug 24, 2003 at 11:51 am
    Seems it's time to try to get eric running .....

    Kindly
    Michael P
  • Van Gale at Aug 24, 2003 at 2:14 pm