1) Python made me rich
2) Python saved my life
3) Python changed my mind

put them on T-shirts. Collect all three!!

Search Discussions

  • Graham Fawcett at Aug 14, 2003 at 4:28 am

    smarter_than_you wrote:
    1) Python made me rich
    2) Python saved my life
    3) Python changed my mind

    put them on T-shirts. Collect all three!!
    how about

    I'm not really a wizard, I just use Python

    or (untested, but I think it's right)

    s/(perl|java|vba|c(#|\+\+|)?)/python/g

    or, with apologies to Clarke,

    Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from Python

    -- Graham
  • Michael Peuser at Aug 14, 2003 at 6:41 am
    put them on T-shirts. Collect all three!!
    how about

    I'm not really a wizard, I just use Python

    or (untested, but I think it's right)

    s/(perl|java|vba|c(#|\+\+|)?)/python/g
    .. but - as *any* regex - can be improved:
    s/\b(perl|java|vba?|c(#|\+\+|)?)/python/gi

    Kindly
    Michael P
    or, with apologies to Clarke,

    Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from Python

    -- Graham

  • Skip Montanaro at Aug 14, 2003 at 12:45 pm
    s/(perl|java|vba|c(#|\+\+|)?)/python/g
    Michael> .. but - as *any* regex - can be improved:
    Michael> s/\b(perl|java|vba?|c(#|\+\+|)?)/python/gi

    We ought to at least use Python for this

    re.sub(r"(?i)\b(perl|java|vba?|c(#|\+\+|)?)", "python")
    import re
    s = "vba vb perl java vba vb c# c c++"
    re.sub(r"(?i)\b(perl|java|vba?|c(#|\+\+)?)", "python", s)
    'python python python python python python python python python'

    Skip
  • Alan Kennedy at Aug 14, 2003 at 10:08 am

    Graham Fawcett wrote:

    or, with apologies to Clarke,

    "Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from Python"
    I *really* like this one.

    Only problem is, you have to be a sci-fi head to get it: No problem
    for me: I've been reading Arthur C. Clarke since I was 8 years old.

    regards,

    --
    alan kennedy
  • Matt Smith at Aug 14, 2003 at 1:02 pm
    "Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from Python"
    I *really* like this one.

    Only problem is, you have to be a sci-fi head to get it: No problem
    for me: I've been reading Arthur C. Clarke since I was 8 years old.

    regards,
    those all suck,

    how about.....

    Get wrapped up in python

    nah thats shit too, emmm

    how about.....

    Python is your daddy

    no equally shit

    how about.....

    The high level programming language in front is Python...

    oh dear...think i might just leave it there..

    ;P

    matt.
  • Sean Ross at Aug 14, 2003 at 1:24 pm
    Python. Not just for kids.(TM) <wink>
    Python. Simply Beautiful.
  • Peter Hansen at Aug 14, 2003 at 1:28 pm

    Graham Fawcett wrote:
    or, with apologies to Clarke,

    "Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from Python"
    I *really* like this one.

    Only problem is, you have to be a sci-fi head to get it: No problem
    for me: I've been reading Arthur C. Clarke since I was 8 years old.

    regards,
    those all suck,

    how about.....

    Get wrapped up in python

    nah thats shit too, emmm
    I once tried out "Wrap Python around your problem and crush it!"

    Yours is shorter though.

    (Not that length matters! ;-)

    -Peter
  • Simon Bayling at Aug 14, 2003 at 6:39 pm
    I also like the Clarke one.
    With apologies to Honda,

    "Isn't it nice when things just work?"
    or, with apologies to Clarke,

    "Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from Python"
    I *really* like this one.
    Simon.
  • Michele Simionato at Aug 14, 2003 at 12:01 pm