hi all, again....

having another problem with python COMs, I run a python script on a
win2000 machine, that uses win32com.client and it runs perfectly,
whereas when I come to run it on a win98 machine (the machine that the
code, when completed, will be running from in the future) it returns
the error:

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "firsttry.py", line 1, in ?
import helloworld
File "G:\msmith\python\helloworld.py", line 2, in ?
import win32com
File "C:\PYTHON23\lib\site-packages\win32com\__init__.py", line 5,
in ?
import win32api, sys
ImportError: No module named win32api

Any clues as to how to rectify this problem would be greatly
appreciated

cheers,
matt.

Search Discussions

  • Joe Francia at Aug 11, 2003 at 7:37 pm

    Matt Smith wrote:

[...]

    Maybe you need to install the win32all extensions on the Win98 machine?
    http://starship.python.net/crew/mhammond/

    jf
  • Matt Smith at Aug 12, 2003 at 8:38 am
[...]

    jf was that supposed to be funny ?

    no i would like a serious answer to this problem, as it is seriously hampering
    my current project.

    cheers,
    matt
  • Fredrik Lundh at Aug 12, 2003 at 9:32 am

    Matt Smith wrote:

    ImportError: No module named win32api

    Any clues as to how to rectify this problem would be greatly
    appreciated
    Maybe you need to install the win32all extensions on the Win98 machine?
    http://starship.python.net/crew/mhammond/
    jf was that supposed to be funny ?

    no i would like a serious answer to this problem, as it is seriously hampering
    my current project.
    have you checked the "Installation Problems" page (available via the funny
    link)?

    http://starship.python.net/crew/mhammond/win32/InstallationProblems.html

    have you checked that win32api is installed, and that python is picking up
    the right win32api version? have you checked the python path? have you
    traced the imports (use "python -v" or "python -vv" to run the program)?
    if win32api exists, what happens if you import it from the python prompt?
    are all DLLs that win32api depends upon available on your machine (google
    for DLL dependency checkers, or use "dumpbin /imports" to check what it
    relies on). etc.

    </F>
  • Matt Smith at Aug 12, 2003 at 12:54 pm
    Thanks for the ehlp, it was the pythonpath or rather the lack of one
    that was causing me difficulties,

    thanks again,
    matt

grouppython-list @