Hi Y'all

Newbie Ray here.
Running win32 installer version of
Python2.3 on win98(notSE)

I decided to run the autotest from IDLE 1 window.

"""
1 skip unexpected on win32:
test_univnewlines
"""

I need to know if this is significant.

Also, the test_descr failed, so I ran it
separatly and here's where it crashed.

"""
Testing special operators...

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "C:\Python23\Lib\test\test_descr.py", line 4029, in -toplevel-
test_main()
File "C:\Python23\Lib\test\test_descr.py", line 3973, in test_main
specials()
File "C:\Python23\Lib\test\test_descr.py", line 1875, in specials
print Letter('w')
PicklingError: Can't pickle <class '__main__.Letter'>: attribute
lookup __main__.Letter failed
"""

Am I in trouble? Is this a Biggie?

TIA
Ray St. Marie
Rastm2 at users.sourceforge.net

Search Discussions

  • Tim Peters at Aug 8, 2003 at 12:22 am
    [Raymond A. St. Marie]
    Newbie Ray here.
    Hi! Ancient Timmy here.
    Running win32 installer version of
    Python2.3 on win98(notSE)

    I decided to run the autotest from IDLE 1 window.
    There you go: don't. The tests are intended to be run from a DOS box, and
    all sorts of weird things can happen if you try to run them from IDLE.

    If you want to run the tests, open a DOS box and do this:

    C:\Python23>python lib/test/regrtest.py

    mixing-tests-and-guis-is-like-mixing-peanut-butter-and-jello-ly y'rs
    - tim
  • Raymond Arthur St. Marie at Aug 8, 2003 at 2:53 am

    [Raymond A. St. Marie]
    Newbie Ray here.
    I decided to run the autotest from IDLE 1 window.
    There you go: don't. The tests are intended to be run from a DOS box, and
    all sorts of weird things can happen if you try to run them from IDLE.

    If you want to run the tests, open a DOS box and do this:

    C:\Python23>python lib/test/regrtest.py

    mixing-tests-and-guis-is-like-mixing-peanut-butter-and-jello-ly y'rs
    - tim
    You know Tim, after I posted, I went and tried the test in the DOS box
    --hunch--.
    Wished I'd a dun that first, I'd a never thought about runing the test in the
    IDE.
    Of course everything passed.
    Thanks for confiming this for me.

    Another question tho.
    When making a "Top of Startmenu" shortcut for Pythonwin2.3, is it better to ref
    the "start_pythonwin.py" in the Pywin dir or should I use the pythonwin.py in
    Python23 dir.
    I had it the latter way but it would come up a DDE error in the interp window.
    Did I just answer my own question? I don't understand why if I did.

    Mucho Thanks--ias
    Ray

grouppython-list @
categoriespython