Unable to launch IDLE(fork?) from the new Py 2.3. Anybody else have this
problem. Solutions?

Thanks.

Tom Rivas

Search Discussions

  • Aahz at Aug 6, 2003 at 4:39 am
    In article <m__Xa.2531$jq.2357 at fe01.atl2.webusenet.com>,
    Thomas Rivas wrote:
    Unable to launch IDLE(fork?) from the new Py 2.3. Anybody else have this
    problem. Solutions?
    http://www.python.org/2.3/bugs.html

    with useful practice. --Aahz
  • David Lees at Aug 6, 2003 at 5:17 am

    Thomas Rivas wrote:
    Unable to launch IDLE(fork?) from the new Py 2.3. Anybody else have this
    problem. Solutions?

    Thanks.

    Tom Rivas

    I think I have the same problem. When the Win2000 Start menu, 'IDLE'
    icon is clicked, the hourglass-wait icon goes on for a second and then
    disappears. I can see a new process startup 'pythonw.exe', but nothing
    appears on the screen.

    I believe the problem is the same one previously discussed with respect
    to Windows XP. IDLE can not be in a path where any of the directory
    names have a space. Unfortunately, 'program files' has a space in it.
    I found that I can start idle up by going directly to the idle
    executable which on my pc is under:
    'program files\python23\lib\idlelib\idle.exe

    Creating a shortcut to IDLE and then placing it on my desktop seems to
    work just fine for starting it up.

    David Lees
  • Deelan at Aug 6, 2003 at 7:53 am
    I believe the problem is the same one previously discussed with respect
    to Windows XP. IDLE can not be in a path where any of the directory
    names have a space. Unfortunately, 'program files' has a space in it.
    some problem on my win2k server sp4. installed py2.3 into "program
    files", IDLE failed to start. reinstalled 2.3 into "c:\python", problem
    fixed.

    bye
    --
    goldicus1970 AT yahoo.it