Anybody run into trouble and find a solution importing 'socket'?

I've rebuilt, and reinstalled, but cannot find a _socket.py, _socket.pyo, or
_socket.pyc in
the lib directory. ( I suspect that's what socket.py is looking for? )

Thanks for any help.

/barry sprajc

Error below.....

[root at rooster root]# python /usr/lib/python2.3/socket.py
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/usr/lib/python2.3/socket.py", line 44, in ?
import _socket
ImportError: No module named _socket

Search Discussions

  • Skip Montanaro at Aug 3, 2003 at 6:09 pm
    Barry> I've rebuilt, and reinstalled, but cannot find a _socket.py,
    Barry> _socket.pyo, or _socket.pyc in the lib directory. ( I suspect
    Barry> that's what socket.py is looking for? )

    Nope, it's looking for _socket.so, which you should find in
    ${prefix}/lib/python2.3/lib-dynload/_socket.so.

    Skip

grouppython-list @
categoriespython
postedAug 3, '03 at 5:19a
activeAug 3, '03 at 6:09p
websitepython.org

2 users in discussion

Skip Montanaro: 1 post Barry Sprajc: 1 post