Does anyone here use Python with ASP? If yes, then please tell me if you
have experienced the problem below, and what, if any, were your solutions.

Basically, I have ActiveState Python 2.2.2 installed on a Win2k Server
machine running IIS5.0. Whenever I go and fetch an .ASP page via my browser
to my webserver I can see the results of the .ASP page; however, if I click
refresh, the page becomes blank. From there on out, it will continue to draw
blank pages whenever requesting this web page. It does this even if I access
the same page using a different browser on another computer. Now, if I
modify the .ASP file and save it, the page reappears! Even more interesting,
I don't have to actually modify the .ASP file at all. Just by simply saving
the file, without any changes, the web page reappears when I access it via
my web browser! Anyone ever have this "problem"? I suspect it's something
that can be easily fixed. But, not for me yet! Thanks much.

Search Discussions

  • Max M at Jun 8, 2003 at 1:25 pm

    Eugene C. wrote:
    Does anyone here use Python with ASP? If yes, then please tell me if you
    have experienced the problem below, and what, if any, were your solutions.
    You are probably not using the latest version of Win32. There was a
    problem like that in earlier versions.

    --

    hilsen/regards Max M Rasmussen, Denmark

    http://www.futureport.dk/
    Fremtiden, videnskab, skeptiscisme og transhumanisme
  • Larry at Jun 9, 2003 at 4:44 pm
    Does anyone here use Python with ASP? If yes, then please tell me if you
    have experienced the problem below, and what, if any, were your solutions.
    You are probably not using the latest version of Win32. There was a
    problem like that in earlier versions.
    Yup, ActiveState was (is?) known to have a flawed win32 package that
    causes this blank asp page drama. Get the goods from here:
    http://starship.python.net/crew/mhammond/win32/Downloads.html

grouppython-list @
categoriespython
postedJun 8, '03 at 2:46a
activeJun 9, '03 at 4:44p
websitepython.org

3 users in discussion

Larry: 1 post Max M: 1 post Eugene C.: 1 post