Hello

I tried pyorbit with new version of Python and when I try run test I get
error:
[root at stehule pyorbit-1.99.4]# cd tests/
[root at stehule tests]# python everything_server.py
TypeError: MRO conflict among bases Object, B1, BaseServer, B2
TypeError: MRO conflict among bases Object, B1, BaseServer, B2

** (process:13354): WARNING **: could not generate stub for base
IDL:orbit/test/C1:1.0

Is working orbit with 2.3 Python?
Thank you
Pavel

Search Discussions

  • Terry Reedy at Apr 11, 2003 at 12:43 pm
    I tried pyorbit with new version of Python and when I try run test I get
    error:
    [root at stehule pyorbit-1.99.4]# cd tests/
    [root at stehule tests]# python everything_server.py
    TypeError: MRO conflict among bases Object, B1, BaseServer, B2
    TypeError: MRO conflict among bases Object, B1, BaseServer, B2

    ** (process:13354): WARNING **: could not generate stub for base
    IDL:orbit/test/C1:1.0
    MRO stands for 'method resolution order' 2.3 has improved the
    definition and calculation of mro. I believe the error message says
    that there is a conflict or ambiguity in one of your object
    inheritance trees (that was apparently not caught before). The What's
    New file should say something about this and maybe give a pointer.
    Is working orbit with 2.3 Python?
    I believe that changing the order of your base classes may solve the
    problem. I hope someone else knows more about debugging this.

    Terry J Reedy
  • Adam Hupp at Apr 11, 2003 at 6:54 pm

[...]

    everything_server.py is the server side of the pyorbit tests so there
    is definitely something broken. I'm seeing the same thing on
    debian/unstable with pyorbit 1.99.4, python 2.3a2+ (packaged as
    2.2.101-1exp1?).

    I filed a bug with debian, see
    http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug8610

    -Adam