Hello,

apm.py 0.1.0 is released.

The goal of apm.py is providing of an uniform and platform independent
interface to APM. At the moment it implements only battery relevant
functions. The interface is not stable yet.

There are implementations for NetBSD 1.6 and Linux 2.4. An implementation
for FreeBSD 4 coming soon.

Because I don't have dozens of laptops and operating systems I need help! It
would be great to have a Python modul which covers APM more or less
completely for many platforms one day.

Best regards, Tilo

Search Discussions

  • Tilo Riemer at Apr 7, 2003 at 9:29 pm
    Hello,

    I forgot:
    http://www.iapp.de/~riemer/projects/apm.py/

    Best regards, Tilo
  • Michael Ströder at Apr 8, 2003 at 11:01 am

    Tilo Riemer wrote:
    Because I don't have dozens of laptops and operating systems I need help! It
    would be great to have a Python modul which covers APM more or less
    completely for many platforms one day.
    What about ACPI? That became standard on some Linux distros (e.g. SuSE 8.1+).

    Maybe it would be better to call the module powerman or similar to subsume
    APM, ACPI and any other standard popping up.

    Ciao, Michael.
  • Tilo Riemer at Apr 8, 2003 at 11:47 am
    Hello Michael,
    What about ACPI? That became standard on some Linux distros (e.g. SuSE
    8.1+).
    acpi.py is under way ;-)
    I think I can publish the first version this week (only for Linux yet).

    Maybe it would be better to call the module powerman or similar to subsume
    APM, ACPI and any other standard popping up.
    ACPI and APM do the same things more or less but have nothing to do with
    each other... perhaps it's useful to mix it if they provide the same
    interface. but ACPI is very more powerful. In the best case APM is a subset
    of ACPI...

    Any suggestions?

    Best regards, Tilo

grouppython-list @