The system I am working on is based on interpreting a Python control
script. We do the standard thing of calling the PyRun_SimpleFile()
function from our main application. We have extension modules for
the specific functionality of our system.

I recently got some usability feedback that the users would like
to be able to call our functions without saying "import whatever"
at the top of the script. I know this is not strictly pythonic but
it is a user request. What is the best way to automatically import
a few modules before we interpret the main control script?

David S. Harrison
(daha at speakeasy.net)

grouppython-list @
categoriespython