I am trying to set up an application developped in python (Cyberchair) but i have a problem that seems serious.

When trying to import socket module an importError is occured as follows.

ImportError: No module named _socket

I have read some suggestions on how to solve the problem but they do not apply to my occasion, or I have something done wrong.

I use python 2.1 on Solaris 8

Plz if anyone knows how to solve the problem mail me

thanks,

- Manos Papagelis

p.s. Include me on CC because i am not reistered to the mailing list