HI,
I am new to python and tkinter, I have some question on tkinter and
canvas. I am using tkinter to build my GUI, I need to be able to
display some colored square on the screen, I can get everything to
work fine except my frame size. the frame contain 6 square box(canvas
object) and one label. The colored square looks just like the size
that I wants, but in fact it take up so much more room under the
square to store it. (I noticed that when I change the gird mathod
which I am currently using to the pack method and packing them one on
top of each other, I see a lot of space in between every square). does
anybody has any idea of how I can fix that? codes are here

"http://cswww.bemidjistate.edu/~cngai1/readcopy.py"

second question:
if I have a frame inside a frame. I want to put some object in the
inside-frame using the grid method, when I say the row and column,
would I be using the row and column for the inside-frame or the
outside-frame. I guess my question is, how many measuring system are
we dealing with?

third question:
if I am using the grid method, does every row and column has to be the
same size?

Thank you very much
Benson

  • Fredrik Lundh at Nov 19, 2002 at 12:42 pm

    "benson123456" wrote:

    third question:
    if I am using the grid method, does every row and column has to be the
    same size?
    you can use the "columnspan" and "rowspan" options to create
    cells that span more than one column/row:

    http://www.pythonware.com/library/tkinter/introduction/grid.htm

    </F>

    <!-- (the eff-bot guide to) the python standard library:
    -->

grouppython-list @
categoriespython
postedNov 18, '02 at 6:39p
activeNov 19, '02 at 12:42p
websitepython.org

2 users in discussion

Benson123456: 1 post Fredrik Lundh: 1 post