echo and then running the script. Same error.

Anything obvious?

--
harry.g.george at boeing.com
6-6M31 Knowledge Management
Phone: (425) 294-8757

Search Discussions

  • Harry George at Nov 8, 2002 at 3:34 pm
    My guy tried the pipe approach again and says it now works. So no
    action needed. (He'd been at this for a week, with me giving ideas to
    try.) Sorry for wasted bandwidth.

    Harry George <hgg9140 at cola2.ca.boeing.com> writes:
    We need to run a shell script and get results, all from inside a cgi.
    This works standalone (not in the web server). It works with python
    (2.2) from a cgi running from apache on Linux. It does not work in
    python (2.1) on iPlanet on AIX.

    The shell command is of the form:
    "echo %s | another_script" % mydata

    In the simplest case we are using:
    "echo hello | sort"

    The error is:
    ....commands.py", line 55, in getstatusoutput sts = pipe.close()
    IOError: [Errno 10] No child process

    We've also tried popen, setting the child_stdin to the data in the

    harry.g.george at boeing.com
    harry.g.george at boeing.com
    6-6M31 Knowledge Management
    Phone: (425) 294-8757