Ta-daa!

The release of Python 2.2.2 is here. This is a fully backwards
compatible bugfix release for Python 2.2.1.

Thanks to all who submitted last-minute bug reports and fixes -- and
thanks even more to those who didn't wait until the last minute! :-)

Python 2.2.2 has a large number of bug fixes in all areas of the
interpreter and the library; for a full account see the release notes,
available via the link below. With special dispensation from the
"bugfixes only" rule, a brand new version of the email package is
also included: email 2.4.3.

The new release is available here:

http://www.python.org/2.2.2/

It will soon be available from mirror sites all over the world -- for
a speedy download, try the mirror site nearest to you first:

http://www.python.org/Mirrors.html

As usual, a Windows installer and a Unix/Linux source tarball are made
available, as well as tarballs of the documentation in various forms.
At the moment, no Mac version is available, though I expect that Jack
Jansen will produce one soon. Likewise, no Linux RPMs are available
yet; I expect that Sean Reifschneider will prepare these shortly.

I'm especially grateful to Michael Hudson, Raymond Hettinger and Neal
Norwitz for their hard work on backporting the large volume of patches
from Python 2.3. Without them this release would not have been
possible.

  • Bob X at Oct 15, 2002 at 12:59 am
    The release of Python 2.2.2 is here. This is a fully backwards
    compatible bugfix release for Python 2.2.1.
    <snip>

    And there was much rejoicing!
  • Robert Oschler at Oct 15, 2002 at 1:55 pm