Threading advertises itself as supported under win98, but it doesn't
work for me (py 2.2 downloaded from python.org precompiled). Should i
recompile py myself with some changes/libs in order for this to work?
Or try active py distr? Can anyone help?

Regards,
Kengur

Search Discussions

  • Aahz at Aug 26, 2002 at 10:46 pm
    In article <4e523a33.0208261431.1c8eba64 at posting.google.com>,
    Threading advertises itself as supported under win98, but it doesn't
    work for me (py 2.2 downloaded from python.org precompiled). Should i
    recompile py myself with some changes/libs in order for this to work?
    Or try active py distr? Can anyone help?
    it works, you're just using it wrong (or you have a badly broken OS
    installation).

    Project Vote Smart: http://www.vote-smart.org/
  • Peter Hansen at Aug 26, 2002 at 11:23 pm

    Kengur wrote:
    Threading advertises itself as supported under win98, but it doesn't
    work for me (py 2.2 downloaded from python.org precompiled).
    Define "doesn't work". Example code demonstrating the problem or the
    exception?
    Should i
    recompile py myself with some changes/libs in order for this to work?
    Don't waste your time. It is not the build. There are two likely
    other candidates for the source of the problem though. :-)

    -Peter

grouppython-list @
categoriespython
postedAug 26, '02 at 10:31p
activeAug 26, '02 at 11:23p
websitepython.org

3 users in discussion

Peter Hansen: 1 post Aahz: 1 post Kengur: 1 post