Hi everybody.
I'm playing with PySQLite, but i can't build or install it.
I use Python 2.2.1 on win32 (Windows XP Pro), and PySQLite 0.1.2.
The error i receive is the following (i have no "cl.exe" anywhere in my HD.
Is this a "c" compiler, i suppose...?)

C:\cancella\pysqlite-0.1.2>python setup.py build
running build
running build_py
creating build
creating build\lib.win32-2.2
copying pysqlite_exceptions.py -> build\lib.win32-2.2
creating build\lib.win32-2.2\sqlite
copying sqlite\__init__.py -> build\lib.win32-2.2\sqlite
copying sqlite\main.py -> build\lib.win32-2.2\sqlite
creating build\lib.win32-2.2\sqlite\constants
copying sqlite\constants\__init__.py -> build\lib.win32-2.2\sqlite\constants
copying sqlite\constants\FIELD_TYPE.py ->
build\lib.win32-2.2\sqlite\constants
running build_ext
building '_sqlite' extension
creating build\temp.win32-2.2
creating build\temp.win32-2.2\Release
cl.exe /c /nologo /Ox /MD /W3 /GX -Ic:\sqlite\include -Ic:\python22\include
/Tc_
sqlite.c /Fobuild\temp.win32-2.2\Release\_sqlite.obj
error: command 'cl.exe' failed: No such file or directory

C:\cancella\pysqlite-0.1.2>

Thanks for any help...
Max

Search Discussions

  • Gerhard Häring at May 26, 2002 at 7:31 pm

    Max wrote in comp.lang.python:
    Hi everybody.
    I'm playing with PySQLite, but i can't build or install it.
    I use Python 2.2.1 on win32 (Windows XP Pro), and PySQLite 0.1.2.
    The error i receive is the following (i have no "cl.exe" anywhere in my HD.
    Is this a "c" compiler, i suppose...?)
    Yes. You need a C compiler, and you need to have certain SQLite files
    installed and build an import library for your C compiler. I've posted
    all the relevant info the mailing list already.

    You might also want to use the CVS version, as this one actually
    compiles on Windows ;-)

    On the mailing list, I've posted how to compile it using Microsoft
    Visual C++ or with the win32 version of the GNU C compiler (mingw32).
    You can get this free compiler on http://www.mingw.org

    pysqlite is currently very much 'work in progress', the accentuation
    being on the progress part.

    Feel free to ask further question on the pysqlite mailing list.

    Gerhard
    --
    mail: gerhard <at> bigfoot <dot> de registered Linux user #64239
    web: http://www.cs.fhm.edu/~ifw00065/ OpenPGP public key id AD24C930
    Yes. You need a C compiler, and you need to have certain SQLite files
    installed and build an import library for your C compiler. I've posted
    all the relevant info the mailing list already.

    You might also want to use the CVS version, as this one actually
    compiles on Windows ;-)
    Found instructions via CVS, downloaded mingw, and finally compiled the
    module and build PySQlite!!!
    And so i'v learned lots of new things.... :)
    On the mailing list, I've posted how to compile it using Microsoft
    Visual C++ or with the win32 version of the GNU C compiler (mingw32).
    You can get this free compiler on http://www.mingw.org
    Very useful
    Feel free to ask further question on the pysqlite mailing list.
    I'm afraid i will do... :)

    Thanks a lot for the support!!!
  • Peter Hansen at May 26, 2002 at 7:39 pm

    Max wrote:
    Hi everybody.
    I'm playing with PySQLite, but i can't build or install it.
    I use Python 2.2.1 on win32 (Windows XP Pro), and PySQLite 0.1.2.
    The error i receive is the following (i have no "cl.exe" anywhere in my HD.
    Is this a "c" compiler, i suppose...?)
    MS C++ 6.0 I think. I believe there's a freebie version of the
    non-professional one (with optimization), but you're better off
    finding a pre-built executable I think.

    -Peter
  • Andrew MacIntyre at May 27, 2002 at 10:11 am