I'm trying to learn Python, and I was wondering if the IDLE program was
sufficient enough for basic programming, or should I find some sort of text
editor?
I'm currently using a win32 box.

Also, any links to tutorials or general information about Python that is
not listed on the Python website would be much appriciated.

-Matt

Search Discussions

  • H. Safarzadeh at Apr 20, 2002 at 4:00 pm

    Matt wrote:

    I'm trying to learn Python, and I was wondering if the IDLE program was
    sufficient enough for basic programming, or should I find some sort of
    text editor?
    I'm currently using a win32 box.

    Also, any links to tutorials or general information about Python that is
    not listed on the Python website would be much appriciated.

    -Matt
    I think it is sufficient even for complex programs. You will be comfortable
    with it.
  • Larry Wright at Apr 20, 2002 at 1:26 pm
    I would agree with this. Fancy IDE's can tend to confuse things when
    learning a new language.

    H. Safarzadeh wrote:
    Matt wrote:
    I'm trying to learn Python, and I was wondering if the IDLE program was
    sufficient enough for basic programming, or should I find some sort of
    text editor?
    I'm currently using a win32 box.

    Also, any links to tutorials or general information about Python that is
    not listed on the Python website would be much appriciated.

    -Matt
    I think it is sufficient even for complex programs. You will be
    comfortable with it.
  • Siegfried Gonzi at Apr 20, 2002 at 5:26 pm