We are pleased to announce that versions 2.1.3 and 2.2.1 of
ActivePython are now available for download from
http://www.ActiveState.com/ActivePython
Both of these are bugfix releases and supercede previous ActivePython
releases.

ActivePython is ActiveState's quality-assured binary build of Python.
Builds are currently available for Windows and Linux (Solaris builds
are coming soon).

In addition to the core, ActivePython features:
* expat for XML processing;
* zlib for data compression;
* Tkinter for Tk development;
* a large set of useful Python documentation; and,
* on Windows, Mark Hammond's PyWin32 extensions, including the
Pythonwin IDE, support for Python ASP, the PythonCOM system.

In addition, PyPPM (the Python Package Manager) enables you to easily
install a number of other popular Python packages. For example, try
this:
pyppm install Numeric
to install Numeric Python. Use this command to list all available
packages:
pyppm search
Please submit email feedback to ActivePython-feedback at ActiveState.com,
and file bugs against ActivePython at
http://bugs.ActiveState.com/ActivePython.

Thanks, and enjoy!

Trent

--
Trent Mick
TrentM at ActiveState.com

Search Discussions

  • Chris Liechti at Apr 17, 2002 at 10:37 pm
    Trent Mick <TrentM at ActiveState.com> wrote in
    news:mailman.1019071474.3193.python-list at python.org:
    In addition, PyPPM (the Python Package Manager) enables you to easily
    install a number of other popular Python packages. For example, try
    this:
    pyppm install Numeric
    to install Numeric Python. Use this command to list all available
    packages:
    pyppm search
    is that also available separately and can i set up my own packages and
    server?

    chris

    --
    Chris <cliechti at gmx.net>
  • Raphael Ribeiro at Apr 17, 2002 at 10:56 pm

    "Chris Liechti" <cliechti at gmx.net> wrote in message
    news:Xns91F4680F3221cliechtigmxnet at 62.2.16.82...
    Trent Mick <TrentM at ActiveState.com> wrote in
    news:mailman.1019071474.3193.python-list at python.org:
    In addition, PyPPM (the Python Package Manager) enables you to easily
    install a number of other popular Python packages. For example, try
    this:
    pyppm install Numeric
    to install Numeric Python. Use this command to list all available
    packages:
    pyppm search
    is that also available separately and can i set up my own packages and
    server?

    chris

    --
    Chris <cliechti at gmx.net>
  • Trent Mick at Apr 18, 2002 at 4:26 pm
    [Raphael Ribeiro wrote]
    Do i have to remove the last version of active python i have?
    That depends. In general though, yes, you'll be happier if you uninstall
    other ActivePython's first. ActivePython 2.2.x cannot co-exist with
    other Python 2.2.x installations and ActivePython 2.1.x cannot co-exist
    with other Python 2.1.x installations. You *can* have both a Python
    2.1.x and a Python 2.2.x installed at the same time.

    For ActivePython's Install Notes:
    http://aspn.activestate.com/ASPN/Downloads/ActivePython/install_22

    - Directory Contents: If you are installing ActivePython to an existing
    directory, ActivePython's setup may overwrite files in that directory.
    We recommend that you install ActivePython to a new or empty
    directory.

    - Other Python 2.2 Installations: On Windows, ActivePython 2.2 cannot
    coexist with other Python 2.2 installations (for example, the
    reference implementation of Python 2.2). Uninstall any other Python
    2.2 installations before installing ActivePython 2.2.

    Cheers,
    Trent

    --
    Trent Mick
    TrentM at ActiveState.com

    [Chris Liechti wrote]
    Trent Mick <TrentM at ActiveState.com> wrote in
    news:mailman.1019071474.3193.python-list at python.org:
    In addition, PyPPM (the Python Package Manager) enables you to easily
    install a number of other popular Python packages. For example, try
    this:
    pyppm install Numeric
    to install Numeric Python. Use this command to list all available
    packages:
    pyppm search
    is that also available separately and can i set up my own packages and
    server?
    No, PyPPM is not available separately. There is new PPM tech in the
    works that may allow some of what you want but no guarantees on when
    that might be available.

    Trent

    --
    Trent Mick
    TrentM at ActiveState.com

    Phew,
    Trent

    --
    Trent Mick
    TrentM at ActiveState.com
    We are pleased to announce that versions 2.1.3 and 2.2.1 of
    ActivePython are now available for download from
    http://www.ActiveState.com/ActivePython
    Both of these are bugfix releases and supercede previous ActivePython
    releases.
    Are the HTMLHelp files available separately? Can they be installed
    separately?

    Regards,

    Thomas
  • Max M at Apr 19, 2002 at 9:30 pm