ActivePython are now available for download from
Both of these are bugfix releases and supercede previous ActivePython
ActivePython is ActiveState's quality-assured binary build of Python.
Builds are currently available for Windows and Linux (Solaris builds
are coming soon).
In addition to the core, ActivePython features:
* expat for XML processing;
* zlib for data compression;
* Tkinter for Tk development;
* a large set of useful Python documentation; and,
* on Windows, Mark Hammond's PyWin32 extensions, including the
Pythonwin IDE, support for Python ASP, the PythonCOM system.
In addition, PyPPM (the Python Package Manager) enables you to easily
install a number of other popular Python packages. For example, try
pyppm install Numericto install Numeric Python. Use this command to list all available
pyppm searchPlease submit email feedback to ActivePython-feedback at ActiveState.com,
and file bugs against ActivePython at
Thanks, and enjoy!
TrentM at ActiveState.com