We've released a bugfix release of Python, 2.2.1!

This release should be fully compatible with Python 2.2. Everyone
using 2.2 is recommended to upgrade to 2.2.1.

On the 2.2.1 pages

http://www.python.org/2.2.1/

you can find more information, binaries for Windows, Redhat 7.2 & 6.2,
Mandrake 8.2 and MacOS 8, 9 & X, as well as the usual tarball. Thanks
are due to those who provided the binaries and to all who tested the
prerelases during the 2.2.1 release process!

One nasty bug (that affected Zope in obscure circumstances) and a few
less serious ones have been fixed since the second release candidate.
Two fixes may be of special interest if you use MacOS X:

- This release finally works on Mac OS X multiprocessors
- The IDE is now fully functional on Mac OS X.

This being a bugfix release, there are no exciting new features -- we just
fixed a lot of bugs. For a moderately complete list, please see:

http://www.python.org/2.2.1/NEWS.txt

Cheers,
The Python development team.

Search Discussions

  • Terry Reedy at Apr 10, 2002 at 2:24 pm