infotechsys wrote:

Hi,
I'm in the process of installing Pythonw 2.1.2 on my
Redhat release 7.2. I don't what to remove 1.5.2 that
came with the Redhat release for fear of messing thier
code up. So, do I do a make altinstall and should I
set any env. variables? The reason for the upgrade
is to use GNUe software.
Thanks.
Wayne
Why don't you just install the redhat 7.2 python2 rpms? That will give you
python 2.1.1 (I think) with no directory conflicts. Look in your cds for rpms
that begin python2...rpm

hth,

  • Infotechsys at Feb 17, 2002 at 8:06 pm
    Hi,
    I'm in the process of installing Pythonw 2.1.2 on my
    Redhat release 7.2. I don't what to remove 1.5.2 that
    came with the Redhat release for fear of messing thier
    code up. So, do I do a make altinstall and should I
    set any env. variables? The reason for the upgrade
    is to use GNUe software.
    Thanks.
    Wayne

grouppython-list @
categoriespython
postedFeb 17, '02 at 2:28p
activeFeb 17, '02 at 8:06p
websitepython.org

2 users in discussion

Infotechsys: 1 post Fernando Pérez: 1 post