I am brand new to high level languages in general, so go easy.

I have a Software Development Layer for a Hardware board written in
C++ that I have (after much tweaking) wrapped with SWIG to interface
with python.

All of the functions work great, unfortunately the C++ code uses
abstract datatypes (objects called DWORD, DIME-HANDLE...). When SWIG
wraps it, of course, it just uses pointers to these objects.

My problem is I need to be able to access what these pointers point
to. Not only that, but some of the functions require pointers as
arguments.

I do have one thing going for me, however. These objects aren't really
complex structures. For the most part, they can be interpreted as
objects python knows about: integers and strings.

Any advice on what to do here?

Thanks.

grouppython-list @
categoriespython