you ran on a problem with dynamic dispatch. It can't use properties
with parameters. In a makepy generated wrapper properties with parameters
are translated in methods. So you must use a wrapper to use such parameters.
To ensure a wrapper use the gencache module, in your case

import win32com.client
import regex
wcc = win32com.client

# Ensure that a makepy generated wrapper is available
wcc.gencache.EnsureDispatch("COMAdmin.COMAdminCatalog")

adm = wcc.Dispatch( "COMAdmin.COMAdminCatalog" )
app = adm.GetCollection("Applications")
app.Populate()

for thingy in app:
if regex.match("^Hello World.*",thingy.Name)!= -1:
print "what we have here is ...",thingy.Name
# Use generated method which is not available dynamically
# since the COM object does not export SetValue
thingy.SetValue("Name", thingy.Name + "t0")
print thingy.Value("Name")
break
else:
print thingy.Name
app.SaveChanges()

Stefan

-----Urspr?ngliche Nachricht-----
I have been banging away on an assignment that requires me to
alter com
plus settings
(something one should never do normally). Here is the pertinent code
fragment:
import win32com.client
import regex
wcc = win32com.client

adm = wcc.Dispatch( "COMAdmin.COMAdminCatalog" )
app = adm.GetCollection("Applications")
app.Populate()

for thingy in app:
if regex.match("^Hello World.*",thingy.Name)!= -1:
print "what we have here is ...",thingy.Name
thingy.Value("Name") = thingy.Name + "t0" #
<================ THE PROBLEM
break

else:
print thingy.Name
app.SaveChanges()

Now the code in VBS
thingy.Value("Name") = thingy.Name & "t0"
works just fine but in python I get:
thingy.Value("Name") = "joemama"
SyntaxError: can't assign to function call

Is there a way to set that (and other) properties in Python via
win32com. I really
would like to learn as little VB as humanly possible and not
write this
in it's own VBScript.
Any and all suggestions welcome!

--